I made candied pecans for the second time in my life this week and they are SO good that I just had to share the recipe! You can eat these plain but they'd also be tasty on a salad or as a topper on so many different desserts (apple cobbler, pumpkin pie, ice cream, the sky is the limit). I've also tried this recipe with almonds and those were tasty too, so I think you could probably use any nut!
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 t cinnamon
1 t salt
1 egg white
1 T vanilla
1 lb pecans
- Whisk the egg white and vanilla until frothy.
- Coat the pecans with the egg white/vanilla mixture. This is the glue, so make sure they're totally covered.
- In a separate bowl, mix all dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to pecans and mix until pecans are fully covered.
- Spread pecans on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 300 for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.