It's grilling season! That means you need to know how to make your own hamburger buns! You can also use this recipe for hot dog buns.
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter + extra for butter wash
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Mix yeast, water, and sugar together. Let it sit for ~5 minutes until foamy.
- Add other ingredients.
- Cover with a towel and let rise for about 2 hours.
- Shape into 8 balls. Flatten slightly/form into buns.
- Brush tops with melted butter.
- Bake 12 minutes at 425.