This recipe is an adaptation of a recipe for baguettes, but I don't usually shape my loaves as skinny as a traditional baguette. This recipe creates 2 loaves. You'll definitely want to eat one straight out of the oven because that's when this tastes best!
1.5 T yeast
2 T honey
1/2 cup warm water
3.5-4 cups flour
2 t salt
1 cup warm water
- Mix together yeast, honey, and 1/2 cup warm water. Let it sit 5 minutes or until it appears foamy.
- Using a dough hook on your mixer, gradually add flour, salt, and remaining 1 cup of warm water. Mix thoroughly.
- Cover with a towel and let rise for 2 hours.
- Divide dough into 2. Shape each section into a loaf shape.
- Optional: score the bread.
- Brush the top with melted butter.
- Bake 20-25 minutes at 450.