Okay, I know it's totally the wrong season for pumpkin flavored things. But I loved our pumpkin pie last Thanksgiving SO much that I've been craving it ever since. To be fair, I am pregnant. The reason I could make this happen at all was because I happened to have an extra can of pumpkin in the pantry. So if you have a leftover can of pumpkin in your pantry, try this delicious recipe out!
- 1 can pumpkin
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice*
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup melted butter
- Mix together pumpkin, evaporated milk, brown sugar, eggs, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour mixture into a pan (cast iron is my favorite).
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour the dry ingredient mixture on top of the pumpkin mixture.
- Pour melted butter on top of everything.
- Bake 50 minutes at 350.
*It's so simple to make your own pumpkin pie spice to have on hand!
Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg